Monday, November 15, 2010

Wright State Peeves

One of the first things that I would change about Wright State University is their registering schedule. I find it incredibly difficult and frustrating. Imagine my dismay when I wake up at 6:50, trek down to the1st Hawthorne Hall lounge and sleepily long onto my WINGS to register at 6:59 am, Friday morning, just to discover that every single English 102 class is packed. Not to mention that another one of my courses didn't even show up when I searched for the class, and my advisor didn't even get my cry for help until 3 days later, when there was absolutely no chance of me squeezing into either of the two. So, currently, my schedule stands at 10 credits, which isn't even enough to be a full-time student. Unless someone gets booted from an ENG 102 class because they haven't paid their dues by the 20th of December, I will have to wait another ten or eleven weeks to desperately try to get in once more. Hooray!

Another thing that I would change is something else that has personally affected me. One day, while exploring WINGS and transportation/parking passes, I discovered something startling. Apparently, I had acquired a $50 fine the day prior. I managed to park in a “handicapped” zone, in which there was one small sign in front of one specific spot. The campus police were on it in less than an hour, sticking a ticket under my windshield wiper. I feel that parking should be managed better, and by that I mean more clearly marking handicapped and commuter parking, as well as visitor/guest parking for during the week. I was told by a friend that one of her guests parked in the lot beside our dorm building for only twenty minutes and she received a ticket.

Don't get me wrong, I love you Wright State, but you're not perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment