Monday, November 15, 2010

Halloween

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays of the year. Why? Because it give you the opportunity to be whoever, or whatever, you want to be. It’s a time for pumpkin treats, haunted houses, scary movie marathons, and last but not least, trick-or-treating! As much as I loved venturing through the neighborhood on a quest to fill my pillowcase with candy, I’ve evolved to something much more enticing than Snickers and Twizzlers. Every Halloween, Chipotle offers free burritos (or tacos) to anyone who enters the store dressed as a Burrito. Basically, if you had a shred of aluminum foil on you, you were good to go! This is one of my favorite Halloween traditions.



Another one of my favorite things about Halloween is simply seeing all of the costumes, especially the creative ones. This year, I dressed as a skunk, and was tempted to carry a can of silly string with me, but decided against it. Another friend wrapped himself in toilet paper for the classic mummy look, and another dressed as Bill Nye the Science Guy! Nothing bums me out more than the losers that show up in a t-shirt and say they’re dressed as themselves. Come on, where’s your Halloween spirit!?

No comments:

Post a Comment