Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WSU

After months of procrastinating, my parents were ready to explode when November of my senior year in high school was rolling around. “You need to apply for school!” “You just don’t care, do you?!” were just a few phrases that I began to hear daily. Yes, I did need to begin applying, but yes, I did care- but I was nervous! In my eyes, college was such a big, scary step that I was not ready to take. I wasn’t excited, I wasn’t motivated. I was terrified at the thought of leaving life as I knew it in my house in Galloway, Ohio.
So one night, I sat down at the computer and applied to four Ohio colleges: Ohio University, Urbana University, Wright State University, and Bowling Green State University. OU because my brother is currently a Senior and loves it in Athens, Urbana because a close friend was considering, and the latter two because I had heard about them in a “College Fair” at school and didn’t know where else to apply. I was easily accepted to all four schools, and even managed scholarships to a few.
Bowling Green University was ruled out immediately after I visited, as it was too far away and in the middle of farmland. However, OU and WSU caught my interest- both in college towns.
When I visited WSU campus, my thoughts about college changed. I loved the Woods dorms, the tunnels, the Hanger, the compact campus, the fact that I could have my car there as a freshman, and that I was only an hour from home. WSU was the only school to really excite me and make me eager for my college experience like no other college could!


I’m positive I made a great decision in where to spend my 4 years of college. I’ve already made friendships that I feel will last for a long, long time, and I have had a great time even in my first three weeks and I look forward to the rest of my time here at WSU.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting how things turn out sometimes, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad that you decided on Wright State, 'cause I was able to meet you! :) The Woods dorms and the tunnels were a major selling point for me as well.

    ReplyDelete